Wednesday, August 6, 2008

first post - ecotone

I am not an early adopter of new technology... I am too cautious and prefer to let others iron out the bumps. Blogging has settled and now I'm interested enough to give it a go. Besides, right now I have time for it. This will no doubt evaporate again in a couple of months and my blog will go as stale as the crust of bread at the back of the pantry. In the meantime, welcome.

ecotone, n. a region of transition between two biological communities.

Ecotone is a word I noted from a book that, after a shaky start, is growing on me:
Ecological Design by Sim Van der Ryn and Stuart Cowan (1996). I think the label is appropriate for a blog which is no doubt going to be a region where my interests intermingle.

1 comment:

  1. hey Alan, welcome to blogland, I love the title and the topic. Look forward to more - and best for a speedy recovery too.

    ReplyDelete